Poohwinn | Technology . Design . Creativity . Web2.0

Thursday, December 4, 2008

X1 Xperia - my road warrior


I was a little shocked that it would cost me over $20 per Mb for my data roaming in Australia. The data charges simply deter me from doing much work on the net, except occasional checking of my emails. While my iPhone is my predominant phone for emails and web-browsing, I do have Xperia X1 with me this time round in Australia. It came in handy when I'm asked to retrieve an old document that the bosses needed urgently. Not having any internet connection for my macbook since I am on the road, I simply plugged in the X1 into my macbook and use the micro-SD card in X1 as a remote hard disk. I transferred the file into the micro-SD card and sent it out via email using my X1. Of course, if you are tech-savvy, you can always do the modem-tethering method but it's a more troublesome as you first need to set up the Bluetooth connection between the two and you need to know the number to dial for connection.

Posted via email from poohwinn's posterous

No comments: