Poohwinn | Technology . Design . Creativity . Web2.0

Monday, December 15, 2008

Special Post: Farewell to my Uncle Forever


This post is a special post in loving memory of my uncle who passed away peacefully today. Just a day ago, I finished the book by Rick Warren, The Purpose of Christmas. This book is given to me as a gift. My feelings are mixed. Perhaps it's time for my uncle to bid goodbye to the earthly world. But I feel a tinge of regret that I did not get to see him for the last time.

I never met my grandfathers as they passed away before I was born. My grandmothers passed away when I was in my teen and early twenties respectively.  Sometimes when I see some elderly folks, I reminisce the times I had with my grandmothers. I often wonder given the short life span of my grandparents, will my own parents live to a long ripe age? And how about myself? Every night before I turn in, I count my blessings that I have one more day with my family and loved ones. I am grateful for the times I have with them. So, my friends, put aside your work and make a commitment to spend this Christmas with your family and loved ones.

Merry Christmas.

Posted via email from poohwinn's posterous

No comments: