Poohwinn | Technology . Design . Creativity . Web2.0

Friday, December 12, 2008

iPhone Tips: How to Increase Your Productivity at Work


iPhone may come with only 2MP camera but it's really good enough to use for note-taking in a meeting. Nowadays I tend to just use my iPhone camera and take a snapshot of what's scribbled on the white board during brainstorming session and I can devote my attention on the discussion itself. I keep a copy of the photo on iPhone and I am able to zoom in and pan on the iPhone to see the details. I will use the iPhone to upload a copy to Evernote (www.evernote.com) and also email a copy to my own Gmail account. When I have the opportunity, I then connect to my MacBook and synchronise it into iPhoto.

Besides work, iPhone is also my portable video library. All I need is to bring along the composite AV cable  (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB129). I jst need to plug into the hotel TV set and play the video on my iPhone. Simple and convenient. I can charge the phone with the composite cable by plugging the USB connector into my computer (if I have one) or the power adapter. What's great about this is that you can also use it as a back up for your important presentations. If you have a Mac, convert your powerpoint or keynote presentation into Quicktime format which preserves the customised animation in the slides and synchronise it into the iPhone. Although I have not encountered any situation where I need to use this emergency back up, it nonetheless gives me peace of mind and I know that even if my computer crashes, I will still have the presentation loaded in no time!

Another road warrior that I have with me all the time is the Mophie Juice Pack (http://www.mophie.com/products/juice-pack). Well, no doubt I need to remove my nice little back cover that I have on my iPhone, it's really not a big issue. The juice pack is designed like a back cover and you just need to slip your iPhone into the cover and it starts charging. What's great about the juice pack is that once the iPhone is fully charged and if you still have the Mophie Juice Pack attached to the iPhone, iPhone will first deplete the battery on the Mophie Juice Pack and retains the charge on the iPhone. It gives me up 6 to 8 extra hours and that's good enough to last me the whole day without having worry about my iPhone running out of juice. At $100 bucks, it's well worth every penny.

Posted via email from poohwinn's posterous

No comments: